Skip to content
- Coat cubed butternut squash in 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt. Bake in a hot oven (225º C / 435º F) for about 40-50 minutes, until butternut squash turns soft and gets lightly caramelised.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Fry off garlic gently on a low-medium heat, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn. Add chilli flakes and cook for another minute or two stirring frequently.
- Rinse Diabetar spaghetti with water. Squeeze excess water.
- Mash half the butternut squash with a fork or potato masher (you can also use a food processor or blender for a smoother texture). Put both mashed and whole butternut squash chunks into the pan with chilli and garlic.
- Add Diabetar spaghetti and washed spinach into the pan. Incorporate them well into the pumpkin. Taste and season with pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice and additional salt and chilli if needed.
- Serve immediately with chopped walnuts and lemon zest on top
- 200g Diabetar spaghetti
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml olive oil
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 cups of cubed butternut squash / pumpkin*
- about 100 g spinach
- ½ - 1 tsp chilli flakes (depending on level of heat and your preference)
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 30 g walnuts, finely chopped